Light Tuna Noodle Casserole
This recipe updates an old classic by using low-fat products. It's a rich, creamy casserole that will satisfy the whole family.—Sharen Oglesby, Anderson, California
- 1/3 cup Cream Soup Mix
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) light water-packed tuna, drained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) egg substitute
- 1 cup cooked noodles
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1. Prepare Cream Soup Mix as directed for a condensed cream soup substitute. Saute celery and onion in oil until celery is tender. Place in a large bowl; add next six ingredients. Mix well.
- 2. Pour into a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
1 each: 246 calories, 9g fat (0 saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 684mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Jun 28, 2018loved this recipe the only thing i omitted was chopped celery because family doesnt like but it was awesome! deb pennington Decatur al VFE
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC