Light Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipe
Total Time: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
Makes: 6 servings
This recipe updates an old classic by using low-fat products. It's a rich, creamy casserole that will satisfy the whole family.—Sharen Oglesby, Anderson, California
- 1/3 cup Cream Soup Mix (recipe also in Recipe Finder)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) light water-packed tuna, drained
- 1 container (8 ounces) egg substitute
- 1 cup cooked noodles
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Prepare Cream Soup Mix as directed for a condensed cream soup substitute. Saute celery and onion in oil until celery is tender. Place in a large bowl; add next six ingredients. Mix well. Pour into a 2-qt. casserole sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 375° for 50 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 246 calories, 9g fat (0 saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 684mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.