Light Strawberry Mousse
I enjoy making this light and refreshing dessert for my husband and two young boys. They eat it up as fast as I can make it!—Julie Gesicki, Tracyton, Washington
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 cup fat-free vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- Dissolve gelatin in water; place in a blender. Add strawberries; cover and puree until smooth. Add sour cream and ice cream; puree until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Pour into a serving dish or individual dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 86 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Strawberry Mousse in Country Woman May/June 1998