Light Rosemary Rice Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add broth and water; bring to a boil. Stir in rice, rosemary and pepper. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from heat; stir in cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 250 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 367mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Light Rosemary Rice
"My husband and I liked this, but thought that the pepper taste was overwhelming, almost over powering the rosemary taste. I will be cutting back on that next time. Also I didn't have any shredded Parmesan, so I tried Mozzarella. I don't think it gave it much of a taste. Next time I'll stick with either the shredded Parm or grated. Otherwise, a decent side. I'll make this again."
"easy to make and delicious, I don't always put the cheese in, but it tastes great with or with out."
"I did not include the Parmesan cheese when I made it, but it was still delicious! It has a small kick to it from the spices that my husband and I both loved."