Light Rosemary Red Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 large whole garlic bulb
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 5 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic; separate into cloves, leaving them unpeeled. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onion and garlic. Add oil and salt; toss to coat.
- Arrange potato mixture in a single layer in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Top with rosemary sprigs. Bake at 450° for 15-17 minutes or until garlic is tender.
- Remove garlic cloves; cool. Stir potato mixture; bake 5-8 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Discard rosemary. Squeeze softened garlic into a large bowl; mash with a fork. Add mustard and vinegar. Add potato mixture and stir gently to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 153 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 397mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Nov 13, 2013
This our favorite potato dish even my hard to please daughter loves these pototoes
May 16, 2011
This is my new favorite roasted potato recipe. Full of flavor without an overkill of salt. I didn't care for the sauce much, I served it on the side. But it went well with the pork tenderloin I served with these.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.