Light Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin seeds
- 5 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 250°. In a bowl, toss pumpkin seeds with melted butter and Worcestershire sauce. Mix remaining ingredients; toss with seeds. Spread evenly in a 15x10x1-in. pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake until seeds are lightly browned and dry, 45-60 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 1, 2013
I love fall because it means pumpkins. I roast the seeds after carving our pumpkins. I realize that this recipe deals with seeds that you purchase. But I tried it with the hulls and it worked okay. If using already shelled seeds, I would cut down the butter by 1 tsp., though.
Oct 26, 2012
This recipe is a tradition here at ou house after the pumkins are carved. We have tried other recipes but everyone agrees this is still the best one.
Oct 30, 2011
I only had one cup of pumpkin seeds so I used 3TB butter, 1 tsp. W. sauce, 1/2t. garlic powder, 1 tsp. salt, 1/2t. sugar, and 1/4t. cajun seasoning. They are excellent! Will make again!!!
Oct 28, 2010
In the interest of heart healthy I replaced the butter with olive oil; the results are fantastic. This is a snack that is elevated from (still wonderful) buttery/salty/crunchy to savoury with just a hint of zip from the pepper. I have one more pumpkin to carve before the end of this week and those seeds will be prepared using this recipe again!
Sep 9, 2009
Looks like a great recipe can't wait to try it.Anniejones