- 2 cups fresh pumpkin seeds
- 5 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 250°. In a bowl, toss pumpkin seeds with melted butter and Worcestershire sauce. Mix remaining ingredients; toss with seeds. Spread evenly in a 15x10x1-in. pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake until seeds are lightly browned and dry, 45-60 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container. Yield: 2 cups.
Reviews forLight Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
"I love fall because it means pumpkins. I roast the seeds after carving our pumpkins. I realize that this recipe deals with seeds that you purchase. But I tried it with the hulls and it worked okay. If using already shelled seeds, I would cut down the butter by 1 tsp., though."
"This recipe is a tradition here at ou house after the pumkins are carved. We have tried other recipes but everyone agrees this is still the best one."
"I only had one cup of pumpkin seeds so I used 3TB butter, 1 tsp. W. sauce, 1/2t. garlic powder, 1 tsp. salt, 1/2t. sugar, and 1/4t. cajun seasoning. They are excellent! Will make again!!!"
"In the interest of heart healthy I replaced the butter with olive oil; the results are fantastic. This is a snack that is elevated from (still wonderful) buttery/salty/crunchy to savoury with just a hint of zip from the pepper. I have one more pumpkin to carve before the end of this week and those seeds will be prepared using this recipe again!"
"Looks like a great recipe can't wait to try it.Anniejones"