Light Roasted Asparagus Salad
Our grandchildren love roasted asparagus—especially in this refreshing salad. The orange dressing gives it "zing", and sunflower kernels add crunch. I like to make it with my homegrown asparagus. —Virginia Anthony of Jacksonville, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 7 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 3 tablespoons sunflower kernels, toasted
- Place asparagus in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with oil. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Cool.
- For dressing, combine the orange juice, oil, marmalade, lime juice, salt and ginger in a jar with tight-fitting lid; shake well. Refrigerate.
- To serve, place the greens in a salad bowl or on individual plates; top with asparagus. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with sunflower kernels.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 124 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 224mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Jul 5, 2012
Very good. The dressing is excellent and very refreshing. I will use this dressing for other salads. The toasted sunflower seeds really added a different texture and dimension to the salad.