Light Potato Salad
My husband and I are both from big families, so we're always getting together. The first time I served this nutritious salad, everyone loved it.—Sharon Thom, Lavina, Montana
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 pounds unpeeled red potatoes, cooked and cubed (5 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh mint or 1/2 teaspoon dried mint
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon snipped fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In bowl, combine potatoes, celery, pickle, red pepper, onion, parsley and mint. Combine all remaining ingredients; pour over salad and mix gently. Cover and chill for several hours.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 63 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 74mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Originally published as Light Potato Salad in Taste of Home June/July 1995
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.