Light Picnic Pasta Salad
For a lighter pasta salad with delicious chicken and broccoli, try this recipe. It his lighter than the regular salads but you are not missing out on any flavor.—Katherine Stallwood, Kennewick, Washington
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) shell macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine macaroni, chicken, broccoli and onion. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover; refrigerate until chilled.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 223 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 242mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Originally published as Picnic Pasta Salad in Country Woman May/June 2004