Light Mushroom Quiche
"Paired with a tossed salad and fresh fruit for dessert, this simple egg dish becomes a tasty meal."—Marian Wright, Enon, Ohio.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon real bacon bits
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- In a small skillet, saute the mushrooms in butter until softened. In a small bowl, beat egg, milk, pepper and nutmeg. Stir in the mushrooms, cheese, bacon and chives.
- Pour into a 5-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until set. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 154 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 333mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Quiche For One in Comfort Food Diet 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.