- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur, divided
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 3 to 4 teaspoons coffee liqueur
- In a small bowl, dissolve coffee granules in boiling water. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, buttermilk, 1/2 cup coffee liqueur, oil, vanilla and coffee mixture until well blended. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually beat into egg mixture until blended.
- Coat a 10-in. fluted tube pan with cooking spray and sprinkle with flour; add batter. Bake at 325° for 40-48 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Cool 15 minutes longer; brush with remaining coffee liqueur. Cool completely.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate with milk; stir until smooth. Stir in enough coffee liqueur to achieve a spreading consistency. Spread over top of cake. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forLight Mocha Cake
"made individual bundts, very dressy, but texture coarse, a bit heavy. Had to make 3x as much icing to cover all the little cakes. Going to tinker with it to see if i can get the texture lighter."
"Not great, tough cake."
"Texture and flavor were very pleasing. I used 2 eggs and 2 substitute liquid eggs to also reduce the cholestrol a bit."
"Very rich...family loved it."
"very good and i well be making it again for my reunion the 21."
"This looks really really good by looking at it and reading the ingredient list. However, I do not want alcohol in my home. When you said kahlua"
"I brought it to a party and everyone raved about it! Very moist and fairly easy to make. There was none left!!"