Light & Lemony Scampi
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound)
- 8 ounces uncooked multigrain angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Peel and devein shrimp, removing tails. Cut each shrimp lengthwise in half. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, green onions and garlic; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink, 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon.
- Add broth, lemon zest, lemon juice, pepper, salt and pepper flakes to same pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is slightly reduced, about 1 minute. Return shrimp to pan; heat through. Remove from heat.
- Drain pasta; divide among four bowls. Top with shrimp mixture; sprinkle with parsley. If desired, serve with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without cheese): 378 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 146mg cholesterol, 405mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 very lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Jun 27, 2018
I made this for dinner last night for the second time. It was delicious! My family enjoyed it. I've forgotten about this recipe but when I saw that my store had shrimp on sale, it jarred my memory. My son couldn't wait for me to make it. Next time I will double the sauce, and maybe add peas as suggested by other reviewers. Thanks for sharing this!
Jun 12, 2018
Just made this tonight for the second time and it was delicious! I'll double the sauce next time though so we have extra.
Jun 8, 2018
Just made it tonight. Loved it , awesome. Added a little white wine to the broth and small amount of feta cheese at the end.
May 9, 2018
Easy! Yummy! What more could you want?
Nov 19, 2017
5-star for sure! Love the fresh lemon. A quick and easy meal for a busy week night.I served this with simple salad!
Nov 6, 2016
Excellent and easy. Janet. VFE
May 10, 2016
The lemon and the pepper were both overpowering so I'll cut back on them, but overall it was good.
Mar 23, 2016
Tastes great! My whole family loves this!!
Jan 31, 2016
This recipe is as delicious as it is pretty. It is impressive and good to the last bite. Anything with shrimp in my book is worth a try. This one did NOT disappoint! I think this would be a great simple meal to throw together for dinner guests. They will be glad you did.
Dec 2, 2015
This is a very light, tasty recipe that my whole family enjoyed. My family doesn't love seafood, so I substituted shredded rotisserie chicken for the shrimp. But I definitely think it would be just as delicious with the shrimp!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.