Light & Lemony Scampi
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound)
- 8 ounces uncooked multigrain angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Peel and devein shrimp, removing tails. Cut each shrimp lengthwise in half. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, green onions and garlic; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink, 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon.
- Add broth, lemon zest, lemon juice, pepper, salt and red pepper flakes to same pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is slightly reduced, about 1 minute. Return shrimp to pan; heat through. Remove from heat.
- Drain pasta; divide among 4 bowls. Top with shrimp mixture; sprinkle with parsley. If desired, serve with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without cheese): 378 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 146mg cholesterol, 405mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 very lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 11, 2020
Just made this for dinner and we loved it!! I doubled the sauce so we could have e little leftover!
Jul 7, 2019
Love this recipe, and come back to it often! I eat pescatarian and swap out the chicken broth for vegetable broth, I'm generous with the lemon and it tastes amazing. Make sure you use a skillet big enough for the whole load. Really yummy with finely shredded parmesan from Kraft.
Jun 10, 2019
Great recipe, thank you! My family liked it so much! I can also suggest some of these recipes with shrimps, https://club.cooking/recipe-category/shrimp/ they are also easy, but very delicious!
Jun 27, 2018
I made this for dinner last night for the second time. It was delicious! My family enjoyed it. I've forgotten about this recipe but when I saw that my store had shrimp on sale, it jarred my memory. My son couldn't wait for me to make it. Next time I will double the sauce, and maybe add peas as suggested by other reviewers. Thanks for sharing this!
Jun 12, 2018
Just made this tonight for the second time and it was delicious! I'll double the sauce next time though so we have extra.
Jun 8, 2018
Just made it tonight. Loved it , awesome. Added a little white wine to the broth and small amount of feta cheese at the end.
May 9, 2018
Easy! Yummy! What more could you want?
Nov 19, 2017
5-star for sure! Love the fresh lemon. A quick and easy meal for a busy week night.I served this with simple salad!
Nov 6, 2016
Excellent and easy. Janet. VFE
May 10, 2016
The lemon and the pepper were both overpowering so I'll cut back on them, but overall it was good.