Light Lemon Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (.3 ounces) sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup cold water
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 1/2 cup 100% strawberry spreadable fruit
- 8 large strawberries, halved
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water and sugar substitute. Refrigerate until partially set.
- In a fine strainer, drain the cottage cheese. Place cottage cheese in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; stir in gelatin mixture. Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour into crust. Refrigerate until set. Just before serving, cut into slices; garnish each with 1 tablespoon spreadable fruit and two strawberry halves.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Splenda no-calorie sweetener.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 216 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 213mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 fruit.
May 25, 2012
I love this recipe. It's easy & delicious and I've made it several times using different flavored jellos. I'm not a fan of cottage cheese but it's not a factor using it this way.
Jun 13, 2008
This is a wonderful pie! My blender would not blend the cottage cheese, so I added the partially set gelatin to the cottage cheese in the blender and it came out great.
May 20, 2008
I really enjoyed this pie. I used 3/4 crushed ice instead of water because I wanted to quick set it. I had it done in about 10 minutes. My daughter who is a very good cook, wanted to take the entire pie home with her. It is a keeper recipe.
May 15, 2008
This sounds exactly like a recipe I had about 20 some odd yrs.ago.I lost 150lbs. using this recipe as a splurge instead of something really fattening so I didn't go off my diet.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.