Light Lemon Mousse
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1 drop yellow food coloring, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; gradually stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the lemon juice, peel and vanilla. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Fold in whipped topping and food coloring if desired. Spoon into dessert dishes. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 165 calories, 2g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 49mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 17, 2012
Tastey and just the right amount to satisfy!
Feb 24, 2012
This is very good! I am obsessed with mousse and, as we all know, it typically carries tons of calories and fat so I was very excited to find and try this recipe. The only thing I would change next time is add another tbls of lemon juice and dissolve a tsp of lemon OR unflavored gelatin in a bit of water and add it to the milk mixture after removing it from heat. Great recipe!...very yummy with blueberries and raspberries on top! :)