Light Lemon Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 70 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat cinnamon graham cracker crumbs (about 4 whole crackers)
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) fat-free cream cheese
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 9 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 8 strawberries, sliced
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. springform pan well coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and salt until smooth. Add egg whites; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the lemon juice, vanilla and lemon zest.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 325° for 70-80 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Top with strawberries and kiwi.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 300 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 522mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat-free milk, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 1, 2018
This cheesecake is delicious! I have made it as is and also with full-fat cream cheese and graham crackers and both versions turned out great. I also once substituted regular vanilla wafer crumbs for the graham cracker crumbs in the crust and loved that version as well. It takes some time to prepare but the end result makes for a very pretty dessert that is certainly worth the wait and the effort!