My family loves cheesecake, but we don't care for the fat that usually comes with it. This pretty fruit-topped alternative offers a creamy texture and full flavor—without the guilt! —Deborah Lobe of Olympia, Washington
Recommended: 37 Dessert Recipes for People Who Love Cheesecake
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat cinnamon graham cracker crumbs (about 4 whole crackers)
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) fat-free cream cheese
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 9 egg whites
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 8 strawberries, sliced
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. springform pan well coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and salt until smooth. Add egg whites; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the lemon juice, vanilla and lemon peel.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 325° for 70-80 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Top with strawberries and kiwi. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Light Lemon Cheesecake in Light & Tasty December/January 2002, p39