Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled, divided
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 6 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- Tortilla chips or fresh vegetables
- In a food processor, combine one avocado, sour cream, onion, jalapenos, cilantro, lemon juice, salt, cumin and pepper; cover and process until smooth.
- In a small bowl, mash the remaining avocado with a fork. Stir in the pureed avocado mixture. Gently fold in tomato. Serve with tortilla chips or vegetables.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 79 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Mar 5, 2017
My husband and I think this guacamole is amazing! I've lightened it up even further by substituting Greek yogurt for the fat-free sour cream...YUM!
Feb 11, 2017
So quick & easy! I love how creamy & thick it is. The I don't like tomatoes, so I omitted them & it still tasted great!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.