Light Glazed Pork Roast
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (4 pounds), trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2/3 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained, optional
- Cut roast in half. In a large skillet, brown roast in oil and butter on all sides.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the orange juice concentrate, water, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, vinegar, orange juice concentrate and garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until reduced to about 1/4 cup. Brush over roast. Garnish with oranges if desired.
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 190 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 263mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Jan 21, 2017
Tangy taste provides a nice flavor. Easy recipe.
Oct 3, 2014
Very moist roast. Didn't care for the extra sauce.
Jun 27, 2014
Holy cow, flippin' awesome! I only had a 2 lb. roast so I halved the recipe but left the glaze recipe as-is after reviewing all the advice here. The glaze makes this the most amazing pork! Thank you so much for sharing!
Jan 3, 2014
Do you have to cut the roast in haft. I have a very large sowl-cooker
Feb 17, 2013
We loved this recipe, I did substitute Jane's Krazy Mixed-Up Salt for the garlic, salt and pepper. The glaze is delicious, good call on doubling the glaze! I will definitely make again.
Sep 18, 2009
This makes a lot! Very, very good. :) I would make double the glaze to go on top next time. Definitely a keeper!