Light Eggs Benedict
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 8 slices Jones Canadian Bacon
- 8 large eggs
- HOLLANDAISE SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter-flavored sprinkles
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 whole wheat English muffins, split and toasted
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown bacon on both sides; remove and keep warm.
- Place 2-3 in. of water in a large skillet with high sides. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer gently. Break cold eggs, one at a time, into a custard cup or saucer; holding the cup close to the surface of the water, slip each egg into water. Cook, uncovered, until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the flour, salt, mustard and cayenne. Gradually stir in milk and evaporated milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of sauce into egg yolk; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in butter-flavored sprinkles and lemon juice.
- With a slotted spoon, lift each egg out of the water. Top each muffin half with a slice of bacon, an egg and 2 tablespoons sauce. Serve immediately.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Molly McButter. Look for it in the spice aisle.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 216 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 252mg cholesterol, 752mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1 starch.
May 1, 2012
not bad, but the picture shows 2 slices of meat - deceptive
Mar 11, 2012
good tasty, easy, especially if you cook eggs in a microwave egg cooker.
Dec 15, 2011
We love eggs benedict for breakfast, butnot spicey food; so I took a short cut andused Knorr Hollandaise Sauce Mix. Yummyevery time I make this dish!!
Jan 2, 2011
Overall very good. The sauce seemed quite spicy and might have been missing something else. Next time I'll chop up the canadian bacon too, it made it kind of hard to eat. But still very good and impressive dish.
Jul 22, 2010
We weren't huge fans of the sauce, and I do normally like Hollandaise...
Mar 27, 2010
I just finished eating this for breakfast and it is delicious. I did not have any canadian bacon so I just used a slice of turkey bacon and a sandwhich thin. Also no butter sprinkles but I sprayed butter on top and it was very tasty :)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.