Light Cinnamon Coffee Cake
"If you like cinnamon rolls by can't afford the preparation time or
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon stick margarine, melted
- In a bowl, beat milk, oil and egg substitute. Combine the dry ingredients; add to milk mixture and beat until smooth. Spoon into 8-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 375° for 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 155 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 118mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Light Cinnamon Coffee Cake in Quick Cooking January/February 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.