Light Christmas Cake
Folks are pleasantly surprised to see the red and green layers when I cut them a slice of this light and festive cake.—Sandy Wood, Hiawassee, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 2-1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce, divided
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lime gelatin
- 21 whole graham crackers, divided
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- In a bowl, combine raspberry gelatin and 1-1/4 cups of applesauce. In another bowl, combine lime gelatin and remaining applesauce.
- Place three graham crackers side by side on a serving plate. Cover with a third of raspberry applesauce. Top with three more crackers and a third of lime applesauce. Repeat layers twice; top with remaining crackers.
- Frost the top and sides with whipped topping. Refrigerate overnight. Cut into 1/2-in. slices.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 95 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 97mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Light Christmas Cake in Country Woman November/December 1998