VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 2-1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce, divided
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lime gelatin
- 21 whole graham crackers (about 5 inches x 2-1/2 inches), divided
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- In a bowl, combine raspberry gelatin powder and 1-1/4 cups of applesauce; mix well. In another bowl, combine lime gelatin powder and remaining applesauce; mix well. Place three graham crackers side by side on a plate. Cover with a third of raspberry-flavored applesauce. Top with three more crackers and a third of lime-flavored applesauce. Repeat layers twice; top with remaining crackers. Frost the top and sides with whipped topping. Refrigerate overnight. Cut into 1/2-in. slices. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Light Christmas Cake in Country Woman November/December 1998, p36