Light Chocolate Truffles
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
Makesabout 1-1/2 dozen
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons baking cocoa, divided
- 1-1/4 cups plus 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar, divided
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in 1/3 cup cocoa and melted chocolate. Gradually beat in 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar. Lightly coat hands with confectioners' sugar; roll chocolate mixture into 1-in. balls. Roll in remaining cocoa or confectioners' sugar. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 62 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 24mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Nov 19, 2011
Made these and they were very yummy. But I agree, it is difficult to form into the balls because the mixture is not firm enough and they are still not firm after refrigeration. I am going to try more powdered sugar and cocoa to hopefully firm them up.
Feb 13, 2011
My mixture was not soft but it was crumbly and did not form well either. I used the ingredients as specified and I didn't enjoy it at all.
Feb 11, 2011
Made this recipe today and was disappointed. The mixture was not firm and I had to first chill the mixture abt an hour. The mixture was still soft so I then dropped it onto a wax paper lined tray with a small cookie scoop and chill again. After abt two hours of chilling I was able to form balls but the mixture was still very soft. I coated in the cocoa, layered between wax paper in a plastic container and refrigerated. After saying all that, the truffles are still soft balls and not firm like a traditional truffle
Feb 3, 2011
The recipe didn't stick to my hands as the previous reviewer said but we didn't find them to be yummy. I did use fat-free cream cheese which I thought might have changed the flavor and sweetness. I may try again using the reduced fat cream cheese as the recipe specifies.
Jan 27, 2011
I could not get the mixture to form a ball, it all just gooped to my sugared hands. Just put it in an 9x13 pan put in refrig and hoped it would hardened up, but it didn't.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.