Light Chicken Kabobs
Margaret Balley of Coffeeville, Mississippi shares her flavorful recipe for Light Chicken Kabobs. "They're easy to make ahead and grill in less than 30 minutes," raves Margaret.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Grill: 15 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 large green peppers, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 2 large onions, cut into 18 wedges
- 18 medium fresh mushrooms
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) low-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cut each chicken breast half into three lengthwise strips. Place the chicken in a large resealable plastic bag. Place the green peppers, onions and mushrooms in another large resealable plastic bag.
- In a large bowl, combine the salad dressing, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice. Remove 1/3 cup; cover and refrigerate. Divide the remaining salad dressing mixture between the chicken and the vegetables; seal both bags and turn to coat. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken and vegetables. Alternately thread chicken and vegetables on 18 metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear, turning and basting with reserved marinade occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 210 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 673mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Originally published as Light Chicken Kabobs in Taste of Home June/July 1994
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.