Cheesy chicken and broccoli bakes are the ultimate comfort food, but I wanted to give the classic casserole a healthier spin. Mine cuts down on fat and calories, but keeps the same cozy flavor. —Jenny Dubinsky, Inwood, West Virginia
Recommended: 30 Salad Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets (about 9 ounces), thawed and drained
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk together first five ingredients. Stir in broccoli, chicken, onion and 1/4 cup cheese. Transfer to a greased 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake until golden brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 15-20 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Light Chicken and Broccoli Bake in Simple & Delicious December/January 2018