Light Butter Roasted Chicken
The changes made in this made over recipe slashes the fat by 70% and saturated fat by 80%, cut calories and sodium by about half and reduced cholesterol by more than a third. Yet the buttery-tasting makeover version is sure to please your family.—Helen Copeland, Greenback, Tennessee
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (2-1/2 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place chicken in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and pour over chicken. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until chicken juices run clear, basting occasionally.
Nutrition Facts5 ounce-weight: 281 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 802mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein.
Sep 15, 2019
Was rather dry. I think if the skin was left on and lifted up to stuff the seasoning mix in might help. Sorry, I won't make this again.
May 3, 2013
Juicy but the chicken did not have much flavor.