Light and Delicious Guacamole
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- Baked tortilla chip scoops
- In a food processor, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and process until blended. Stir in tomatoes. Serve with chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 87 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 231mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 17, 2009
We used this at a birthday party today. Loved it! It was a hit with many guests. I did not put in the chilies as my husband does not like hot food; instead I added just a bit more lemon juice. Yummy!
May 4, 2009
I run a college food service and I forgot to order guacamole for our taco day. I made up this recipe and both the students and my staff went nuts over it. I just added some hot sauce.