Light and Delicious Guacamole
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- Baked tortilla chip scoops
- In a food processor, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and process until blended. Stir in tomatoes. Serve with chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 87 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 231mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
May 17, 2009
We used this at a birthday party today. Loved it! It was a hit with many guests. I did not put in the chilies as my husband does not like hot food; instead I added just a bit more lemon juice. Yummy!
May 4, 2009
I run a college food service and I forgot to order guacamole for our taco day. I made up this recipe and both the students and my staff went nuts over it. I just added some hot sauce.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.