- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound)
- 8 ounces uncooked multigrain angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Peel and devein shrimp, removing tails. Cut each shrimp lengthwise in half. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, green onions and garlic; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink, 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon.
- Add broth, lemon peel, lemon juice, pepper, salt and pepper flakes to same pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is slightly reduced, about 1 minute. Return shrimp to pan; heat through. Remove from heat.
- Drain pasta; divide among four bowls. Top with shrimp mixture; sprinkle with parsley. If desired, serve with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forLight & Lemony Scampi
"Excellent and easy. Janet. VFE"
"The lemon and the pepper were both overpowering so I'll cut back on them, but overall it was good."
"Tastes great! My whole family loves this!!"
"This recipe is as delicious as it is pretty. It is impressive and good to the last bite. Anything with shrimp in my book is worth a try. This one did NOT disappoint! I think this would be a great simple meal to throw together for dinner guests. They will be glad you did."
"This is a very light, tasty recipe that my whole family enjoyed. My family doesn't love seafood, so I substituted shredded rotisserie chicken for the shrimp. But I definitely think it would be just as delicious with the shrimp!"
"I think this recipe is delicious, have made it twice for my family and they love it. Added some frozen peas to it also."
"I agree with Beema--I am a shrimpaholic. This is an awesome recipe. I liked how the lemon and red pepper complemented each other. Perfect for a summer dinner."
"Any thing with shrimp is going to catch my attention, and this one was a huge success. Did not change a thing. added the optional Parm, and declared this one a winner."