An old standby gets a new look when formed into rings to resemble life preservers. Place a little ketchup and mustard in separate resealable plastic bags to easily pipe fast, flavorful markings on the moist mini meat loaves.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 egg
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) spicy-hot or picante V8
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- Ketchup and mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six balls; flatten slightly. Make a hole in the center of each ball with the end of a wooden spoon handle. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Decorate with ketchup and mustard. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Life Preserver Meat Loaves in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p61