These tempting little tarts have all the rich traditional taste of a full-size pecan pie in a much smaller package. The tarts are perfect for two. —Christine Boitos, Livonia, Michigan
Featured In: 16 Thanksgiving Recipes for Two
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 4 teaspoons cold water
- 1/3 cup pecan halves
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with fork until dough forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Divide dough in half. Roll each half into a 6-in. circle. Transfer to two 4-1/2-in. tart pans; fit pastry into pans, trimming if necessary.
- Arrange pecans in shells. In a bowl, combine egg, corn syrup, brown sugar and vanilla; mix well. Pour over pecans. Place shells on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Top with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Li'l Pecan Pies in Taste of Home February/March 2001, p11
Reviews forLi'l Pecan Pies
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2011
"My husband and I loved these and I will definitely be making them again. I baked them in my small pyrex glass bowls and it worked out perfectly."