- 1 medium red apple
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Miniature marshmallows, optional
- 1. Cut apple into 16 wedges; toss with lemon juice.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix peanut butter, cream cheese and cinnamon until blended. Spread about 2 teaspoons onto one side of half of the apple slices; top each with a second slice, pressing to form lips. If desired, press marshmallows onto peanut butter for teeth. Refrigerate until serving.
1 serving (calculated without marshmallows): 64 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 54mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Oct 28, 2018These were good! Maybe I would reduce the amount of cream cheese next time as I didn't totally love the combination. I cut my teeth into points to make vampire mouths for a Halloween party.
Feb 6, 2014
I'm making these as a treat for the Valentines Day Party next Wednesday..most will be with the peanut butter and red or green apples but,I have found an alternative solution to Peanut Butter (several children have allergies).Biscoff spread is made with wheat and soy cookies ground into paste,it tastes good so it will work fine. I think this will be a hit with all
Dec 31, 1969
I thought these were so cute and had to make these for a healthy snack for the family. They were a big hit! Will definitely keep these on hand for an appealing and healthy snack.
Dec 31, 1969
This was an easy, fun snack to make with my 3 yr. old! The filling mixture is delicious all by itself...I couldn't stop eating it!