My husband and I have been married almost 40 years, and we have 10 children and half a dozen grandchildren. So I'm used to cooking for crowds! We live out in the country on a small acreage with a big garden. Our daughter enjoys making different kinds of vinegar, and helping her to use them up is how this recipe came about. It always draws umm-umm-good reviews when I serve it at family potlucks or with a casserole and rolls.
Recommended: 40 Lettuce Recipes You Can Get Excited About
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dairy sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 6 cups leaf lettuce, washed, drained and chilled
- 1/2 cup toasted coarsely chopped walnuts
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients except raspberries. Fold in raspberries; refrigerate, covered, for at least 1 hour. Place lettuce in glass bowl; add walnuts. Toss with dressing. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings, 3/4 cup dressing.
Originally published as Lettuce with Raspberry Dressing in Country Woman July/August 1990, p29