- 5 bacon strips
- 8 cups torn salad greens
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon; crumble and set aside. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup drippings. In a large bowl, combine the greens, eggs, onions and bacon. Add remaining ingredients to the drippings; bring to a boil. Drizzle over the salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forLettuce with Hot Bacon Dressing
"This is a great recipe. I used apple cider vinegar and it was excellent. I also used a bag of fresh spinach instead of lettuce and I added chopped tomatoes. I only needed half of the dressing, so I was able to make this salad again the next day. Even my kids loved this one."