Lettuce with Blue Cheese Dressing
A yummy combination of cream, spices and pungent blue cheese, this old-fashioned favorite from Gayle Lewis of Yucipa, California will cover greens with pizzazz! The texture is extra rich, thanks to the cream cheese she adds.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
Makesabout 1 cup
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Leaf lettuce or mixed salad greens
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in cream, mayonnaise, blue cheese, garlic powder, salt, pepper and cayenne; mix well. Refrigerate overnight. Serve over salad greens.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 208 calories, 20g fat (7g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 386mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Lettuce with Blue Cheese Dressing in Country Woman May/June 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.