A yummy combination of cream, spices and pungent blue cheese, this old-fashioned favorite from Gayle Lewis of Yucipa, California will cover greens with pizzazz! The texture is extra rich, thanks to the cream cheese she adds.
Recommended: 26 Buffalo Chicken Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Leaf lettuce or mixed salad greens
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in cream, mayonnaise, blue cheese, garlic powder, salt, pepper and cayenne; mix well. Refrigerate overnight. Serve over salad greens. Yield: about 1 cup.
Originally published as Lettuce with Blue Cheese Dressing in Country Woman May/June 2000, p40