Les Truffles au Chocolat
These decadent dipped balls have the wonderful combination of chocolate and orange. If it's more convenient, make them a day ahead of time and store them in the fridge overnight to chill.—Sally Gregg, Twinsburg, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (6 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine the chocolate chips and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in the confectioners' sugar, cream, orange juice concentrate and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
- Working quickly, shape into 1-in. balls; roll in cocoa. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 84 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 16mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Les Truffles Au Chocolat in Country Woman Christmas 2010