- 1/2 pound bulk Italian turkey sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, lentils, bouillon and red pepper flakes. bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until lentils are tender. Stir in spinach, cook 3-5 minutes longer or until spinach is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forLentil Spinach Soup
"Great and easy recipe. Love how simple and fresh it tastes."
"I used a powdered chicken base rather than chicken bouillon granules in order to cut down on the sodium and ended up adding salt to taste. It was a good, filling soup and very healthy but, of the eight or nine Taste of Home soup recipes I've made in the last six weeks, this would rank toward the bottom of that list. I will probably make it again because it is so healthy but it isn't my fav."
"Great soup! I double the recipe but left the spinich at the one bag. Everyone eat seconds. It was even better warmed up the next day for lunch. Will make this again soon."