Cumin and chili powder perk up this saucy lentil and ground turkey blend from Noel Egert Diebel of Richland, Washington.
Total TimePrep:5 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 can (49 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups lentils, rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until lentils are tender.