Lentil Burritos Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup dried brown lentils
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1. Place first six ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until lentils are tender, 15-20 minutes. Drain if necessary.
- 2. Stir zucchini, taco sauce and cheese into lentils. To serve, place about 1/2 cup lentil mixture on each tortilla and roll up. Yield: 8 burritos.
1 burrito: 313 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 452mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Lentil Burritos
"It was okay, considering that it is healthy and cheap, but I think I would rather just have a normal taco or burrito"
"This a great idea for a healthy lunch. I didn't have taco sauce so I used salsa instead and I topped the finished burrito with cheddar, extra salsa and hot sauce. Also plain yogurt might taste good on top."