Lentil Burritos Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 fat-free flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until lentils are tender. Drain if necessary.
- 2. Stir in the zucchini, taco sauce and cheese. Place about 1/2 cupfuls down the center of each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Yield: 8 burritos.
1 each: 237 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 608mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Lentil Burritos
"It was okay, considering that it is healthy and cheap, but I think I would rather just have a normal taco or burrito"
"This a great idea for a healthy lunch. I didn't have taco sauce so I used salsa instead and I topped the finished burrito with cheddar, extra salsa and hot sauce. Also plain yogurt might taste good on top."