- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pudding mix, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, oil, lemon juice and extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the zucchini, poppy seeds and lemon peel.
- Pour into two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Reviews forLemony Zucchini Bread
"This was so good, my neighbors asked for the recipe. i made this for Christmas and everyone liked the variation."
"It was o.k. but just ok; it just wasn't very flavorful and it was a little too dense or heavy as you might say."
"Yummy bread especially with the lemon addition"
"Delicious and Elegant! I didn't have lemon pudding so I used vanilla but didn't notice a lack of flavor. I also put a lemon glaze on the top which added a nice touch. Will definitely make again!!! Perfect to take away or for an elegant bread!"
"Delicious and moist! A lemon glaze might add some extra lemon zip, but good without too."
"A mild lemony bread. I think next time I will make a lemon glaze to top it with as someone suggested."
"I recall preparing this bread when it was featured in Taste of Home. I did make adjustments to this recipe by using EITHER vanilla OR lemon instant pudding mix. If zucchini was not available, I used 2 cups shredded apple. I'd also added: 1-1/2 tsp. each lemon extract, butter or rum extract and almond extract and at least 1/8 to 1/4 cup poppy seeds. I baked loaves 65 to 70 minutes at 350o F. in 2 greased and floured 9x5x3" loaf pans. I used a cake tester to determine doneness! delowenstein"
"I'm surprised this received such high reviews. My family was unimpressed with this bread. Not a lot of flavor and really nothing special."
"This is about the only kind of zuccini bread i make! My husband never wants anything different.Hint: 1 fresh lemon is what you need for the juice and zest."