- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 10 squares (1 ounce each) white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Place a 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, confectioners' sugar and lemon peel; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of prepared pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, flour, lemon juice, cream and vanilla until well blended. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in white chocolate and lemon peel. Pour into crust.
- Place pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake at 325° for 65-85 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull.
- Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forLemony White Chocolate Cheesecake
"This recipe is wonderful, I have made it several times and it has been loved by everyone."
"Let me tell U it's a five star recipe!! Made it yesterday for the first time and everyone loved it even though I didn't have lemons at home..I used limes instead n it still was perfect...did make a change or two as suggested in comments...placed a parchment paper for easily removal of cheesecake from the pan, made a biscuit Base, didn't add any sugar, just a few cashews finely ground and the same amount of lime zest n butter as recipe calls for ...the Base didn't harden at all was just right ...the cheesecake recipe I just halved cuz 4 pkgs seemed a lot to me n I think it serves OK, Doesn't have a very strong lemony taste so if u like u can add more zest or a tbsp more of lemon juice or make a lemony/lime glaze as suggested in a review, I topped it with whipped cream n that complimented the cheesecake....one can go for a second piece immediately ...its that good n refreshing :) A must try for everyone."
"absolutely delicious! I added stabilized whipped cream topping, yum. I lined pan with parchment paper to keep crust from sticking. This was only my second time making cheesecake and it was perfect!"
"This is delicious, but there is WAY too much batter for a 9 inch springform pan. It took forever to cook, and the top started to brown. I'll try an 11 inch pan next time."
"I did do as grandma ikki suggested. By making a lemon glaze. I think it needed the extra lemon flavor. Excellent flavor. One person commented how to keep the crust from sticking to the back of the spoon. I used a measuring cup to press it on the bottom and up the sides. Absolutely delicious!!"
"This is delicious!! The crust in the recipe didn't really work. It would not stick together and there was no pressing it up the sides of the pan. The second time I made this, I halved the recipe, used a graham cracker crust, and baked in a muffin pan for about 20 minutes. They turned out perfectly. I also made the glaze mentioned in another post both times. It was wonderful!"
"I'm a food critique and an event bigger critique of my own cooking. Actually I don't think it is so much I am a critique as I have a refined palate. And let me tell you, my palate enjoyed this recipe so much I almost smacked my own mouth! Taking the first bite I stared at what was left before me grinning like a kid on Christmas morning anxiously awaiting the next bite. I impressed myself. My husband, a man of few words, said it was the best cheesecake he has ever eaten. So, thank you for sharing this recipe. It is added to my recipe box that I will hand down to my daughters one day.Tips: I did add the icing that grandma ikik recommended and it definitely added to the flavor. After refrigerating over night and before serving the next morning I added grated white chocolate to the cake. Now, I'm not bragging, well maybe I am, maybe I'm just proud, but I have been consistently making cheesecakes that do NOT crack. Take your time with a cheesecake, enjoy being in the kitchen, have your ingredients at room temperature before starting and most importantly find your patience- believe me, a cheesecake that is perfect without cracks is deeply gratifying."
"I made this for company, it's delicious! Highly recommend even if it's a little more work.. It's more of a hint of lemon so if you like a lot just add more zest and lemon juice."
"My daughters made this for my birthday just yesterday and oh my...it was absolutely delicious and a perfect cheesecake. And it was their first time making one!"
"This cheesecake is the bomb. Made this for a Christmas dinner party. So light and simply delicious with the lemon and white chocolate. My guests raved and went on and on. One of my guests has daughters who regularly make fabulous cheesecakes. However, she claimed this cheesecake was the best by far she had ever tasted. Trust me, this is the ONLY cheesecake recipe you will ever need. It was just manners listening to all of the praise about how good it was!! Prepare yourself for the compliments. They will come!!!"