Lemony Walnut-Raisin Galette
This flaky, buttery pastry dessert has a filling of fruit, walnuts, coconut and cinnamon. There's a lot to love! For even more appeal, dollop sweetened whipped cream on top of each serving. —Ellen Kozak, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 medium lemon
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- 2/3 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 8 sheets phyllo dough (14x9-inch size)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut unpeeled lemon into eight wedges; remove seeds. Place wedges in a food processor; process until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in walnuts, raisins, spreadable fruit, coconut and cinnamon.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet; brush with butter. Layer with remaining phyllo sheets, brushing each layer. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.)
- Spoon filling onto center of phyllo, leaving a 2-in. border on all sides. Fold edges of phyllo over filling, leaving center uncovered. Brush folded edges with butter. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Using parchment paper, carefully slide galette onto a wire rack to cool slightly. If desired, serve with whipped cream.
Editor's NoteLook for unsweetened coconut in the baking or health food section.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 324 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Bittersweet Fruit and Walnut Galette in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016