- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Additional shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, red pepper, onion, oil, salt and pepper. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 450° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour, garlic and pepper flakes until blended. Whisk in broth until blended. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Reduce heat. Stir in the cheese, sour cream, lemon juice and peel; heat through. Drain pasta and place in a large bowl. Add cheese sauce and asparagus mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with pistachios, basil and additional cheese. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews forLemony Vegetables and Pasta
"I love this dish! Perfect for summer."
"Very easy to prepare, enjoyable meal without meat"
"Can I have the nutritional information? It is very good..."
"delicious! kids and adults asked for seconds!"
"Yum this sounds wonderful. I will have to make it.Shannon"
"This was very good. I added chicken (chopped)to it. The red pepper flake definitely gives it a little kick!"
"Sounds delicious! I will try this recipe."
"Thank you for posting this recipe, I will fix it tonight, sounds sooooo goood!"
"EXCELLENT! easy to prepare and tastes great, two of my favorite things in a recipe. I will make this one again and again."