- 4 cups ready-to-serve salad greens
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3/4 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or mint flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a salad bowl, combine salad greens, tomatoes and cucumbers. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forLemony Tossed Salad
"I had to add a lot more sugar to counteract the strong lemon juice"