- 2 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Whipped cream
- Press mashed sweet potatoes through a sieve or food mill. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, water, butter and extracts. Stir in the sugar and sweet potatoes. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 375° for 30 min. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake 20-30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Serve pie with whipped cream Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forLemony Sweet Potato Pie
"Very good and easy to make the lemon flavor threw me off a lil but it was actually a pleasant surprise. Definitely recommend you at least try it once before judging it. I'm glad I did!"
"The best sweet potato pie ever!"