Lemony Shrimp with Pasta Recipe
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated angel hair pasta
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 cup julienned soft sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 package (2-1/4 ounces) slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat until melted. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add shrimp; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- 2. Stir in tomatoes, almonds, feta cheese, wine, lemon juice, salt and pepper; cook 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in parsley.
- 3. Drain pasta; place in a serving dish. Top with shrimp mixture and cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with sun-dried tomatoes that can be used without soaking. When using other sun-dried tomatoes that are not oil-packed, cover with boiling water and let stand until soft. Drain before using.
1-1/2 cups: 734 calories, 50g fat (26g saturated fat), 244mg cholesterol, 1470mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 7g fiber), 32g protein.
Reviews for Lemony Shrimp with Pasta
"Absolutely wonderful. I added green onions and red wine."
"I made this recipe on Valentine's Day this year and also two days ago for my mother's birthday. It is FANTASTIC!! Every bite is like a party in your mouth. I only had dried tomatoes in oil and used them. They tasted great in it. Thanks for the great recipe!!"