"I created this supper standout one day with just the items in my refrigerator at the time. The recipe will leave your mouth watering for more! My family craves this dish any time of year because it’s so delicious and light. Enjoy!" writes Cyndi McLaughlin in Pinon Pines, California.
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated angel hair pasta
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 cup julienned soft sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 package (2-1/4 ounces) slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat until melted. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add shrimp; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Stir in tomatoes, almonds, feta cheese, wine, lemon juice, salt and pepper; cook 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in parsley.
- Drain pasta; place in a serving dish. Top with shrimp mixture and cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp with Style in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006, p37
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Lemony Shrimp with Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review