Lemony Shrimp with Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated angel hair pasta
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 cup julienned soft sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 package (2-1/4 ounces) slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat until melted. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add shrimp; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Stir in tomatoes, almonds, feta cheese, wine, lemon juice, salt and pepper; cook 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in parsley.
- Drain pasta; place in a serving dish. Top with shrimp mixture and cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 734 calories, 50g fat (26g saturated fat), 244mg cholesterol, 1470mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 7g fiber), 32g protein.
Mar 30, 2015
This made a nice quick dinner with just garlic bread on the side. I made it as written except for leaving out the mushrooms. The pasta was a little dry, but still very good.
Nov 29, 2010
Absolutely wonderful. I added green onions and red wine.
Mar 7, 2008
I made this recipe on Valentine's Day this year and also two days ago for my mother's birthday. It is FANTASTIC!! Every bite is like a party in your mouth. I only had dried tomatoes in oil and used them. They tasted great in it. Thanks for the great recipe!!