Lemony Shrimp Sandwiches
After one bite of these wonderful sandwiches, you'll have found a new favorite that you'll turn to time and again. The no-fuss citrus spread really complement the shrimp.—Catherine Fontana, Fox Lake, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices sourdough bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 Boston lettuce leaves
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 6 cooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined, butterflied
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 2 thin slices red onion
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice and peel, coriander, salt and pepper. Spread over both slices of bread. Layer each with lettuce, tomato, shrimp, avocado and onion.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 321 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 907mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 6g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Shrimp Lemonnaise Sandwich in Country Woman July/August 2005